You have to want to discover agility.
I help people and their organizations develop customer-centric products and services. In this process, I help companies transform into places where people not only work efficiently, but can once again feel joy in the self-efficacy of an effective work environment.
I was infected with the agile virus in a project in the late 2000s, when I was able to work as a business owner in an eXtreme programming team. Oh my goodness, that was awesome! I knew immediately - this is exactly how it has to be done. But I didn't know why or how it was so good. Only about 5 years later, when I was again in a project that had already gone into the third extension, I gave my project manager the impulse: "let's make this agile"...
The rest is history.
Since then, I have been able to accompany business and product developments with Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking and Lean Product Development as a product owner, trainer and coach in various companies and contexts.
My values which were sharpened from these experiences:
- Focus on the customer and the "job to be done"
- Create a work system with a closed feedback loop
- Trust your fellow human beings that they will not only do the right thing but can also learn to do it the right way
- Let yourself be surprised - don't hold on to your own reality distortions
- Compound interest - many small learning steps lead to big changes
- Doing is like wanting. Only more blatant.
- Share your experience. Be a coach - and get coached.
Extract from activities in which I was allowed to learn a lot:
- Technology migration project at a Swiss bank with eXtreme Programming
- First mobile e-banking solution in Switzerland developed with Scrum
- Innovative financial product developed on machine learning basis with a distributed team using Scrum
- Introduction of design thinking and basics of agility at a Swiss government agency
- Leading a Human Centered Design team at a telecommunications company with the goal of leading the transformation towards customer-centric and agile product development
- National innovative e-commerce project validated for customer value (customer problem fit).
- Implemented and trained Lean Innovation product development process for a large company. Coached over 50 projects in Lean Sprints.
- Worked as a coach for 15+ Lean Product Delivery teams. Product-market and product-solution-fit phases. Developed digital products, physical products and touchpoints with agile development.
- Coaching a C-level team in the application of agile for the Leadership Team.
- Establishment of an agile learning landscape in a large company, incl. trainer function
- Introduction of OKRs as a strategic Se in a large company
Trainings and Certificates:
CSM, A-CSM, CSP-SM, KSD, SAFe SP, SAFe PO/PM, SAFe SA, SAFe LPM, OKR Champion, Lean Change Management Explorer, Holacracy Practitioner, Co-Active Intermediate
Hartmuth holds a Master of Arts in Educational Media from the University of Duisburg Munich and a Master in Business Informatics from FHNW Olten.
Social Media XING, Linkedin